Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm Still....Alive

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth.  I am still alive.  Here are some of the high/lowlights from our crazy week:

1.  My parents were here.  First, my dad for 2 days, then him and Art left for fishing for the weekend, and my Mom arrived, bringing Hannah with her.  We had a fun girls weekend which included the Farmer Days parade, seeing a movie...in the theatre, and much hanging out.

2.  The boys brought home lots of fish, so we got to have a fish fry.

3.  My washing machine packed it in.  In a house with 4 kids, that spells....disaster!  So, we've been madly shopping around to find a replacement.  Finally, we did, and it's HUGE (almost double the size of my old one), and is sitting in the garage, waiting to be put in.  By the way, one of my daughters, I've realized in this time without a washer, goes through approx. 3 pairs of socks per day.  A big problem, when there's nothing to clean them.  We've since rectified that issue!

4.  We finally got some nice weather, so I've been working lots outside.  Trying to rid my gardens of weeds.  The bugger is that they just.  keep.  growing.  It's enough to make a person crazy!!

5.  We were going to have a work day outside today, but of course, we had a huge storm last night, so, our grass continues to be yellow with dandelions and my veggie garden is growing....I think?!  I'm not sure, because it's covered in weeds.

6.  My husband went to brand calves last night.  And he rode a horse....all through pastures, galloping along the highway, trying to keep up with the "real cowboys".   He's never really ridden a horse before....  He had lots of fun, got covered in poop, and says, "He feels like he's been in prison, his butt hole hurts so much!"  A little crude and graphic, I know, but you get the idea.  He loved every second of it....and I was envious!

7.  Hannah and Abby have started riding lessons.  And, once again, I'm envious!  It's very fun to see them learning to ride, and they have got the bug, and are loving it!

That's it.  I'm off to go to some friends for dinner.  Happy weekend, all!

No comments: