Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We're In Trouble

In our household, we've started something new.  And I must admit....I think we're in trouble. 
 It started out with Hannah getting the bug....the horse bug.  She'll go and sit by our fence line for hours, waiting for our neighbors horse to come over for a little visit.  And so, since we've been talking about it for some time, we decided that it was time for her to start some lessons.
 Let me tell you, she is LOVING it!!  Abby has also started lessons, and Molly is looking forward to starting in September.  I think we'll have to start selling a few more eggs around here in order to pay for these lessons!

A couple of weeks ago, while I was sitting at the barn, watching one of the Girls have their lesson, I was talking to one of the owners, and he was talking about roping.  I mentioned that Art wanted to get into riding and roping, and so he asked if Art would want to go branding the next day.  I talked to Art, and he was very excited about the idea.  So, he headed off for an afternoon of rounding up calves, riding, and branding calves.  Needless to say, I was extremely jealous!!  He had an amazing time, but the one thing that he mentioned was that before he goes again, he'd really like to learn how to ride...since he spent hours on a horse rounding up calves and had NO idea what he was doing!!  So, for Father's Day, the Girls and I got him some riding lessons.  He started last night, and it's one of the owners (a man, even!) who is teaching him.  He was loving it, let me tell you!

Here's the mare that he rode....he apologized for any pain he may have caused when he was riding her while they were branding!

No comments: