Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A New Collection

I've started a(nother) new collection.  It's a collection I've been wanting to start for a while, but this summer, finally had the opportunity to act on.  The start of my collection cost me $9.00, plus a can of clear varathane spray.
  
The great thing about it is it takes up lots of wall space, and frankly, just looks cool!


I love the character of these old tractor seats!  And the sad thing (to me), is that I bought each of these seats at farm auctions, from the scrap metal piles!  The would've been recycled or melted down and lost forever.  So, I've made it my personal mission to rescue every single seat that I come across.  Eventually, I'd love to make a few of them into cool stools like these:

2 comments:

lindakatee said...

Amazing what one finds at garage sales/and/or/estate sales. Too bad you did not get to purchase some of Valerie's "old" antiques from her former log house!!! She had some goodies. Will keep you in mind in my travels! Remember when we picked up that old chest for you here on the island years ago? Do you narrow down your collection?

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

I don't really narrow down my collection...I'm kinda a pack rat that way. I keep thinking, "One day, I'll want to use this again!" And yes, I do still have that chest...it's in my family room, stocked full of quilts!