Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh, For the Love....

Here's our new favorite footwear.....

All the Girls are now riding, which is great (but pricey!!). The teacher they originally had when they started riding is no longer at the barn where we ride, so guess who's teaching them now? You guessed it....mother dearest! I must admit, it's not my first choice, but for now, it'll do. I must say, I am thankful for the years of lessons and training that I had (thanks, Mom & Dad), so that I can pass some of it on to them. We are currently looking for a new trainer for them, but for now, this works....and is lots cheaper!!  One of the problems is that they are undecided (and probably slightly uneducated) about what they want to be doing...they want to do it all....jumping, barrel racing, cutting, reining.... anything and everything!

Ellie Mae has declared that she wants to be a trick rider, so every time we're at the barn, she practices her tricks....




Being a part of the barn that the Girls are riding at has also afforded us some other great opportunities.  We got to help this fall with haying (I think we helped stack about 7000 bales...a whole barn full), I got to go and help groom at a warmblood sale for a weekend....it's been a great experience for all of us.  And you want to know what the Girls LOVE doing when they go to the barn?  Help...with anything...feeding, cleaning out stalls, cleaning tack....anything!  I'm sure that once the novelty wears off they won't be quite so eager, but until then, we're taking full advantage of slave labor...!

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Okay, I have been pouring over your blog this afternoon~loving every moment of it. I keep looking at the clock, knowing I only have so long that I can lay down for...and just need to shut the computer and do that! Egads! I'm so, so very pleased to have such a glimpse into your life! Loving hearing about your day to day, your relationship with your girls, thoughts on life and viewing your AMAZING, BEYOND AMAZING, BREATHTAKING home!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I wish we were eating turkey together! :)

PS---You gave me hope in one post when you said there comes a day that you can have a long Sunday afternoon nap, when the kids are a bit bigger. I'm holding onto this.