Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Birthday!

February is a month full of birthdays.... On Saturday is was "Auntie Frieda's", and she came over for dinner and cake.  Can I just say...in all our years of marriage, Art has never made me a cake.  He did, however, make one for his sister.  I did put the recipe out on the counter, and kinda hint that he could make it since I was going to be out all day, but I didn't think he'd make it, and the icing, and put it all together....I was impressed!  It was a red velvet cake, and really, really yummy!

Yesterday, it was Art's birthday.  Originally, he was planning on taking the day off, but as is often the case when you own your our business, something came up and he had to work.  We did take a few hours during the day to hang out though - we had to pop into the city and pick up light fixtures and handles.  Exciting, I know. 

I do...  LOVE that man!  Sometimes, when I think of our years together, I cannot believe so much has happened.  4 kids.  Moving provinces.  Different jobs.  But yet, it really has been so great.  Art is such a kind, loving, gentle, patient, and stubborn man.... and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat! 

Last night, we had a few friends over and celebrated with cake. Really, really yummy deep dark chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate butter cream icing. Did I mention that it had 3 layers? I must really, really love that man!!




Next, we'll celebrate Ellie Mae's birthday.  My baby is going to be 5!  Now how's that for crazy!

No comments: