Thursday, February 16, 2012

On Planning

So, here's the deal.  I'm a planner.  I like to have everything mapped out, planned out....what my day, week, month will look like.  It's true.  And I'm happy to admit it. 

When we were first married, I found it was much easier to be spontaneous.  I was happy to jump in the car and go.  And then we had one child...then two...three....and finally, four.  And I'm not gonna lie.  It's way harder for me to be spontaneous now, knowing that I have to arrange everything for everyone...which includes packing and planning and food and all the other things that go along with having a bigger family.

So, this week, we are being spontaneous.  We are going to Montana.  Tomorrow.  And we decided on Tuesday.  And I'm pretty darn excited!!

So this week has been full of laundry and preparing and planning (I can't help myself!!)....but in small doses. 

On Monday, it's Family Day.  And we will be spending time together as a family.  No cell phones.  No interruptions.  No work.  Just us.  And a hotel.  And a pool.  And housekeeping.  And Target.  And Big R.  Pure, unadulterated bliss.  Truly.  So here's to me not planning!  Yippee!

No comments: