Monday, March 26, 2012

Another Sunday Walk

Yesterday, we wanted to take our new neighbors for a walk to experience the creek, in all it's Spring Glory...

Since Spring arrived last week, we've had a blizzard and much snow, fog and ice.  Roads have been a bit crazy, and it's been cold....too cold for Spring!
 This is what my backyard looked like on Thursday, the second day of Spring...!  It's great to be an Albertan...
 We started out at the creek, and then headed over the hill and through the woods, where we found some fun old, rusty metal to play on.  Tetanus shots are all up to date...I think, so we have nothing to worry about in case something happened.  And besides, my neighbor's an ER nurse.  So, we're covered!
 Then, we headed back to the creek for some more fun.  The Girls could hear the water, but it was still fairly frozen over, so they worked diligently at cracking the ice to get to the water, and alleviate the ice dam that was going on. 
 We could only get so far before we had to stop, because it was cold, and we would've been there all day!  Since the weather's supposed to get nicer, we'll have to head back next week and check on the creeks de-icing progress.

And one last thing...was I ever thankful for our Bogs!  Our feet were toasty warm.  Have I mentioned yet that I love my new rubber boots?!  I've gotten good wear out of them this spring....since I've not left the house without them since I bought them.  

No comments: