Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rest and Relaxation

This past weekend, I flew out to Kelowna for a weekend away with my Mom and sister.  My sister had arrived there before me, so her and my Mom picked me up at the airport, and we met up with my Dad for a great dinner at a little Italian restaurant by my parents house.
 Then, we headed out to the Sparkling Hill Resort, and amazing spa/hotel just outside of Vernon.  It has $3,500,000 worth of crystals in the hotel, as it is owned by the Swarovski's (yup, the same guy as the crystals).  It also won the "Senses Spa" award last year...the only Canadian Spa to be nominated, and they won it.  Needless to say, it's a pretty spectacular hotel!
 It's built on the top of a hill, around the Predator Ridge golf club.  Here's the outside driving up...
 Each room has floor to ceiling windows, which open, so you can get fresh air.  These were the views from our room
 The rooms each have a crystal fireplace, heated floors, walk through showers and stand alone tubs sitting right in front of a wall of windows.


In the morning, we had a great buffet for breakfast...very European, and VERY yummy!
I'm telling you people, there are crystals EVERYWHERE!! This is one of 3 massive chandeliers you can see in the lobby
We had lunch on Saturday in the little bistro there....in our robes.  A first for me, I must admit....but hopefully I'll get to do it again!
Like I said....crystals everywhere!

Here's another shot of the restaurant.... Beautiful!
 
This is the tea room. In between spa treatments, you could sit here and read, relax, nap.... There was a couple of different kinds of tea and water to drink.  

 As you can see, it was a great weekend girl's weekend of pampering and relaxing with my Mom and sister.  I think we should make this a yearly tradition, right Mom? 
 

2 comments:

Ritz said...

Right Teresa!

Mary said...

!!!!SO ENVIOUS!!!!!