Friday, April 6, 2012

Confused

I showed you the pictures from yesterday morning....well here's the picture from the afternoon!

The majority of the snow has melted, and we are back in our mud pit!  It's a good thing I have my trusty rubber boots!  I have definitely gotten good use of them this Spring!

Since we were snowed in yesterday, I took the opportunity to make some of our traditional favorite Easter goodies...

 Lemon buns are some of our favorite spring treats.  Really, how can you go wrong with a sweet bun filled with lemon pie filling and icing on top?!  Whenever I make lemon buns, I also usually make lemon meringue tarts to use up the leftover lemon filling.  After all, it would be almost criminal to let it go to waste! 
Now that the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the mud is oozing, it's time to go outside.  Hope that y'all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Olivia Abt said...

I like that pic i am Eleven and homeschooled and i live in Wisconsin So i can relate

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

Hi Olivia,
Thanks for your comment! I'm sure you and my daughter Hannah would get along great - she's 11 and homeschooled, and LOVES horses!