Monday, April 16, 2012

Rain

We woke up Friday morning to rain.  And let me tell you, the Girls were pretty darn excited!  Let me tell you....

In the midst of winter, we had been at Cabela's buying winter coats for next year, and happened upon some Gore-tex jackets there, that they were blowing out.  I think the jackets ended up being $20 each, and the regular price was $90.  Obviously, I bought jackets for everyone, including myself (who knew I could fit into a kids extra large?!  Yippee for me!)

So yesterday, I decided that we should probably crack out the spring gear, since it's April.  It is, however, Alberta, so you never know what the weather's going to be like!  And my work was rewarded.... it rained! 

Of course, the Girls wanted to try out their new rain jackets, and Hannah's rubber boots finally bit the dust, so she got some Bogs, and outside we went.  Umbrella's and all!

I had to drag them in to eat lunch, but after that, outside they went.  Unfortunately, the rain had stopped, but they still loved being outside.  And me?  I loved them being outside too!  I'm hoping with the new boots that it'll be the end of soaking wet, muddy feet all over my couch....

No comments: