Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Afternoons

I know this is Alberta, but really?  Snow?? Again?  This afternoon, after church and Wendy's, we headed home for our medaschlope (mid-day-sleep, for all you non-Mennonites!)  After I woke up from my 2 1/2 hr. coma, I woke up to find the Girls (and Art) cozied up on the couches, playing their technology.  This is their Sunday special treat, not something that they normally are allowed to do during the week. 
Well, not Art, he can play on the playstation whenever, but probably figured that out...

 Molly was on American Girl, in the other room...

There was a time, when the Girls were wee, that I never thought this day would come...that I would be able to nap as long as I wanted on a Sunday.  But alas, it has arrived.  And it's glorious and sad and kinda surreal all at once. 
And I realize that these little ladies are growing up... And they're just getting bigger and more independent.... and it's been a long time coming, yet it's happened so.  fast.
So now, I am joining them on the couch, on my own technology....
Happy Sunday!

No comments: