Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Weekend

This Easter Weekend was wonderful.  So wonderful, in fact, that I'm just blogging about it now.  You know how when you have something in your heart, and you have to mull it over, and hold it close for a little while before you talk about it?  That's how I feel about this weekend.

It started off fairly anti-climatic.... our church doesn't have a service on Friday, so Art went to the office for a few hours (sounds sacrilegious, I know, but he's still working on "the project", and wanted to do some stuff there) with the Girls, and I went out to the barn for a quick ride.
After that, we came home and relaxed. Just enjoyed the day together.
On Saturday, we have some of our most favorite people over for brunch. We ate lots, laughed lots, the kids played outside all. day. long....it was wonderful!  I made lemon buns and lemon meringue tarts and waffles and bacon and sausages.  The only thing missing was Paska, but I might make that this weekend....we'll see.

 The Girls helped me make bird's nests for everyone, and they looked so cute!  And that morning, I whipped to town and bought new glasses. They're just mason jars.   I love them. 


 On Sunday, Art's sister, beloved "Auntie Frieda", came over for the day.  We hadn't gone to church (again, sacrilegious!), because Hannah wasn't feeling very good.  We did, however, have our own church service.  We read through the Easter story, and took communion with the Girls.  At our kitchen table.  And I loved it.  Seeing these things through their eyes brings tears to my eyes... their wonder at what was done on the cross for them.  And me.  And you.  It's amazing, really. 
 Looking over, and seeing the ones I love, with Molly reading the Easter story, and all of us having a conversation about how Jesus died and, most importantly, rose from the dead, and what we can do to remember that.  It was very, very special.  So we didn't go to church.  But we met Jesus.  Together.  As a family.  At our kitchen table.  And I loved it.  To me, that trumps church any day of the week.
 After I composed myself....we headed outside for the annual Easter egg hunt.  Auntie Frieda bought the Girls fun things for their playhouse - chairs, foamy floor things, dishes and a blanket.  They were pretty darn excited!
 Then they looked for chocolate....
 ...and Art looked for his present.  A new ranch rope.  He was pretty happy about that!  He, of course, had to try it out, so he roped the dog...
 ...and the Girls.  I don't know if he caught any of them, but it was sure fun to watch him try!
All in all, it was a really, really great weekend.  We laughed, we cried, we cuddled, we ate, we loved.  Really, can it get any better than that?!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My dear friend this touched my heart to the core! The tears are still rolling down my cheeks as I type this. Thank you so much for sharing!