Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Walk to Remember

On Easter Sunday morning, I got up early (in the freezing cold wind!) to go for a walk. 

Last week, when we made our way to the creek, we noticed this new house on the creek!
 A beaver lodge!  Upon further inspection, we also saw where this little guy has dammed the creek, so it'll be interesting to see how that affects the landscape this spring and summer.

Anyhow, back to my walk... I was walking, and I heard some trees breaking, and I thought that maybe it was the beaver, felling some trees.  I looked and looked, and couldn't see anything, so back to walking I went.  Just down the road, I heard the branches breaking again, and all of a sudden, out of the bush pops this Mama and baby Moose!  I must say, I was quite surprised to see them! 
I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous seeing them so close, and when I was walking.  And it didn't help that we had just watched a show called "Moose Attack!".... I kept my distance, took a quick picture, and continued on my way.  It was definitely a walk to remember!

It was Easter morning, and I was so thankful for where we live... it's pretty amazing that I get to see moose and deer and foxes and listen to the birds singing, see the horses and cows in the fields.... I love living in the country!

On a side note, did you know that Mooses symbolizes integrity?

No comments: