Wednesday, August 15, 2012

14 Years

Today, Art and I celebrate our 14th anniversary.  14 years of wedded bliss.  Okay, well maybe not 14 years of bliss, maybe only 13 yrs. and 8 months of bliss....but nevertheless, it's been pretty great so far!

We've celebrated births together, mourned the loss of loved ones together.  We've ministered together, we've fought together.  We've laughed together, we've cried together.  We've had each others backs, always. 

It's comforting to know that this man of mine, this pillar of strength that stands by my side, will be there with me, through everything life has to throw at us.  This gift of God to me, this man of integrity, will be my soft place to fall.  He laughs at me - and with me, he holds me when I weep, he rejoices in the gifts of our children with me, and he always, always, point me to God. 

For this, I am thankful.

And, I like his butt.  And his arms.  And his eyes.  And his smile.

Here's to my dirty husband....



I pray that our Girls grow up and marry men like their Daddy, who love them as much as their Daddy loves me.  Happy anniversary, honey!

No comments: