Monday, August 13, 2012

Sunday Afternoons

On Sunday, we took a drive to do one of our most favorite things on a sunny day.  Let's be honest, it doesn't even have to be sunny...we've gone in the pouring rain before too (which is often better, because less people show up!).  We drove about an hour and 15 minutes north east of us to attend a farm auction.  It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the deals were coming my way....

Here are a few shots of our day....

 This is just a typical farm yard.  I love the older man sitting underneath the Canada flag in front of the barn.  (He's sitting on some painted wooden trunks that I bought, by the way!)
 Art's been dying to buy an old truck for the yard.  I keep telling him that he has to wait until we buy more land, because I don't want to move something like that twice!  It would look great with flowers growing out of the box of it, don'tcha think?
 Here are my Girls and my nephew, sitting in front of the summer kitchen, just hanging out and messing around.  This was his first farm auction, and I'm thinking he might just be hooked!

Here are one of the treasures we brought home.  They are hand carved, primitively painted duck decoys.  Art especially loved them, so here they sit! 

I'll be posting some pictures of our other finds once I get them all cleaned up.... if I remember. :-)

There are a few pieces that I'm very excited about and a few pieces that I have no idea what I'm going to do with, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.



No comments: