Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Immanuel

Well, Christmas is coming....sooner rather than later.... and I feel behind the eight ball this year.  My presents are not quite all bought yet, and definitely not wrapped.  My grocery lists aren't made, and my baking is not done.... definitely not ready.

And yet, it's okay.  This week has been filled with hard things in the lives of family and friends.... kids who are sick and need medicine that cannot be provided, children dying senselessly, health issues abounding, financial struggles of dear ones....

And I need to remember, Jesus has come.  To be the Saviour of the World.  And to make it more personal, to be MY Saviour.  MY help in times of trouble.  MY rock, when things are rough. 

....the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means "God with us"....   (Matthew 1:23)

This year, I am celebrating the season of "God with us".  God with us when things are good, bad, and ugly.  God with us when I am rejoicing or grieving.  Full of joy, or full of sorrow.  Immanuel.  God with us

My prayer for you, my friends, is that you too will be filled with knowing of God with us

Merry Christmas. 

Immanuel.

No comments: