Monday, December 31, 2012

Phew! It's Over

Well, we survived the Christmas chaos here in the Goerzen home.  It was wonderful and great and exhausting and overwhelming and wonderful.  You know? 

I found my heart being so full, as I prepared for Christmas this year.  I kept meditating on, "God with us....God with me...."  And so He was, and is.

As I prepared dinner for the ones I love, and watched them open presents, I was so incredibly thankful.  Not for the presents under the tree, or the food on the table (although that was fabulous, if I might say), but for the people around the room.  People whom I adore.  People whom I have laid down my life, my selfish desires, my wants, for.  People who bring me such joy and blessings, people who make me want to be a better person.  My people.  My family.

Now, the decorations are down, the house is clean(er), and the quiet(er) is here.  And I am sad.  And happy.  And thankful.  And tired.  And ready for what the New Year will bring.  Are you?

Happy New Year, friends. 

No comments: