Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Taking Time

The other day, I was sitting at the kitchen table, getting caught up on some paperwork.  I glanced outside, and was greeted by this beautiful view...


...the sun was setting, the lights of the tree were warm.... it was beautiful.  And, to top it off, it was +1 C, so the Girls were outside playing!  I could hear their laughter from inside the house.  So often, I get caught up in the day to day work of running a household, and I forget to take some time to smell the roses, so to speak.  And then, when I do, it seems almost bittersweet.  I love these days of Girls laughter, rosy cheeks, and bright eyes from being outside.  The days of wet clothes laying everywhere once they come in, mitts piled two high on top of the heat register so they're toasty warm and dry for the next outside adventure.  The endless chatter and giggling and singing....and I know that one day, I will miss this season dearly.  So today, I'm remembering....to enjoy this season. 


No comments: