Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chaos with Cousins...

I have my sister here visiting for the week. They arrived late Wednesday night, and it's been chaos every since...in a good way! Unfortunately, her husband wasn't able to come, but Trenna brought her 5 kids, plus the Korean student that they have living with them. The kids have been having a fantastic time (I think) playing and hanging out. Her older boys, Alex and Braden have been enjoying the 'farm work' here (I know that we don't live on a farm, but they seem to think that we do....city kids!). After a hard day of work helping Art with many of his projects, he took them to Lammles to buy them each a cowboy hat. I don't think that I've seen them without the hats since then!

We also introduced them to pizza pies over the fire - big hit! We had pizza pies for dinner and apple pies for dessert - yummy! We took them to the mall one day as well. Jane, their Korean student, was fairly overwhelmed at the mall! We've had water fights (numerous times!), weeded in the garden, sat outside in the sun...sweating our butts off! Tomorrow I think we'll lay low again (since it's supposed to be a cool 32 degrees!), and then Tuesday is the big Canada Day party!

It's been I think about 5 yrs. since they've been out here, so we've sure enjoyed having them come out to visit! The bigger kids have been such a huge help with my little girls...playing with them lots, so I've loved that, and I'm sure my girls have too. I'm surprised at the noise level in the house, but I guess that's what happens with 10 kids here. Us adults are vastly outnumbered!

No comments: