Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yard Work

It's a beautiful, sunny day today. And guess what I am doing? Yard work! I used to hate working outside, sweating my butt off, but now I actually enjoy it. I was thinking today, as I raked out dirt to plant grass seed in, that I think I've finally become an adult. Sometimes, we think about things that our parents did, and we totally didn't understand it...like working out in the hot, hot sun, sweating their butts off. And now, I do the same thing! (Although I think I do more yard work than my parents did....actually, I know I do!). I love driving down our driveway, looking at our property. I get such a sense of pride of ownership. Yup, this is what God gave us, and I am doing my best to make it look beautiful.

I was also thinking, as I raked, that this is the first year that I have been able to do this in about 8 yrs. Every other year I've been pregnant or nursing, so I've had a baby to take care of, or had a terrific excuse to sit on my butt and watch Art work. No longer! I actually get to share in the work, and I love it! And our girls love it. They get right in there, working alongside, and helping us. Although they don't realize it, we are training them for their lives in this as well. Sometimes, I think as a mother, I get so caught up in the details of keeping our house running that I forget about the little things, like working outside with the girls. Enjoying their laughing and crazy antics. And Ellie Mae - she is a mad woman! The other girl (especially Molly) didn't love the grass at this age, and didn't love getting too dirty. Not her! Art found her playing in the dirt pile yesterday...covered!! She was have a great time!

Anyhow, enough ramblings for the day. Enjoy your weekend, friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa grew up?....say it ain't so! I refuse to believe it.

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

It's true...having 4 children does it to the best of us!

Anonymous said...

So you're saying if we have one more, Dobby will finally grow up? ....interesting.