Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Storms

I love summer storms! We had a great one last night...thunder, lightening, pounding rain. I actually think that a tree got hit by lightening here, because there was a big "BANG!" right after a bolt of lightening. It was excellent! My children, as much as they love storms, also don't love storms when they get woken up out of a dead sleep to a big "BANG!" So I think that for them, the love the idea of summer storms more than the reality.

After our first storm last night ended, leaving us with no power for a number of hours, we see the 'second wave' of the storm coming (this was about 11 pm). So, in our great idea-ness, we decide to make the girls a bed on the floor of our room. That way, they're not sleeping with us, but are close in case they are scared. Great idea. Not great reality. We hear rustling and giggling for a while, until Abby actually falls asleep. And then it's just Hannah and Molly. Hannah's hot and Molly's cold.... They finally fall alseep and then the power comes on just as I had fallen asleep around 1 am....lights, music, fans and everything.... That was fun for everyone! Since the power is on, Molly and Hannah go to their own beds, while Abby is dead to the world (she's quite a sound sleeper!). Then, at 6:30 this morning, there is more thunder....Molly cries, comes in our bed, and keeps wanting to go and sleep with Abby on the floor, who is now awake saying she has to puke. She doesn't, I don't think...she's just tired. I lay awake in my bed listening to moaning from Abby and Molly tossing around...sitting up, laying down, sitting up, laying down. I think I need a nap this afternoon. Don't you just LOVE summer storms?!

Needless to say

No comments: