Thursday, February 25, 2010

Auntie Date

This past week, one of the girls favorite people, "Auntie Frieda" (Art's sister), wanted to take each of the girls for an 'auntie date'. Every year for their birthday, she asks them if they would like a present or an 'auntie date'. They, OF COURSE, want an 'auntie date'.

She was on holidays, and so each day, she took one girl to her place for a sleepover and other fun activities. She took Hannah for to a used bookstore (her idea of heaven!!), and then they sat in the coffee shop and read their new (old) finds. She took Abby to the used bookstore as well and had dinner WITH a Shirley Temple. Molly got to go to glow in the dark mini golfing, and Ellie Mae got to hung out at her apartment (she is only 2!).

I thought that Auntie Frieda was very fabulous and ambitious to take them all, day after day (I don't think we've seen her that many days in a row ever!). The most interesting thing about their 'auntie dates' was the change in dynamics in our house. With each of the different girls gone, the other girls were affected in different ways, as was I. I have come to the conclusion that I can never be without them! Not to say that I can't ever leave them, but they must grow up to be healthy and outlive me!!

One of the craziest things about this week was that on Tuesday (one of the 2 days that Hannah and Abby are at school), Molly was gone, and I only had Ellie Mae. So we went into the city and did some shopping. It was bizarre to only have one baby duck following me, instead of the four that I am used to!

I am so thankful for Auntie Frieda, and how she loves our girls!!

No comments: