Sunday, February 28, 2010

Elizabeth Mae

Elizabeth Mae is my baby. And yesterday, my baby turned 3! It's funny, to be totally out of the baby stages - something that was so familiar for SO long.... and now, it's done. Kinda makes me sad....kinda makes me excited for the next stage.

So, Ellie Mae was almost born 10 weeks early. We had just gotten back from Kelowna, where we were visiting my parents for Christmas. I was SO sick during Christmas, with some lung/bronchial thing. Art wanted me to go to emergency, which I, of course, didn't. Instead, I slept and coughed, and my mom made me mustard plasters(which, by the way, really do work!).

We had gotten home late at night, and the next morning, at about 6 am, I woke up to contractions. I called the health link, and they told me to come in RIGHT AWAY. So, I had a shower, woke up Art, we called his sister who came over, and headed into the hospital. We walked into the ER, they sent me right up to labor and delivery. The nurses and doctor looked at me, checked me, and then time stood still...but moved so fast. I was 2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. They called an ambulance, gave me shots in my butt, and sent me off to the Royal Alex (where they have a neo-natal unit). The paramedics told me later that they thought I would deliver in the ambulance. However, we had called people to pray, and together with the medication, contractions stopped. Praise the Lord! I spent one night in the hospital, and they sent me home, on bed rest, for the next 8 weeks. NOT FUN!

8 weeks came and went, and Elizabeth Mae was born on Feb. 27. She was my biggest baby (7 lbs. 1 oz.), and stayed in the longest of the bunch (was born at 38 weeks).

This was her at birth.....



And here she is today (well, on Tuesday, actually, when she went for her Auntie Date). Ellie Mae loves to do anything her sisters are doing. She LOVES to color and draw, play with dress up clothes, and basically, do anything. She loves to make people laugh, and jokes around a lot. Last night, when I was putting her to bed, she said, "Mom, I'm cute and smart!". And it's true! We were planning on calling her Beth, but when she came home, Auntie Frieda came over, and said, "What about Ellie Mae?". And so....here's our Ellie Mae.

Happy Birthday, baby!

1 comment:

lindakatee said...

Happy Birthday to your "baby"...she is so sweet, as are all your girls. It is great to see how they are growing up...enjoy each moment as time does fly by way too fast...Auntie Linda