Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It is finished!

Well...kind of! We have finally finished the framing part of our basement reno's. The framing wasn't the part that took so long - it was going through all of our junk!!! We took 4 loads to the dump and one (very full and overflowing) load to Goodwill. I was fairly embarrassed at all the stuff we've collected over the 9+ years we've lived here, but you know how it goes - if you have the room, then you don't have to organize or be choosy about what you have down there.

Here are some pictures of the end result of our organizing: The Storage Room. We were able to fit (almost) everything in there (thank goodness!). Now, it's all in bins and on shelves, and I'll (in theory) be able to find anything I need to!





There is also a great picture of my "food shelves". Sometimes, I feel a little bit crazy and indulgent and guilty, knowing that I have shelves and shelves of food in my basement. However, the times that I have had a whole slew of people show up for dinner (or a week) and need some extra something far outweigh the guilt I feel in having so much, when many don't have enough. The last shot is of the temporary kids play area, way at the other end of the basement. This is where their toys will be when we finish the basement, but it'll look a bit better then (I'm sure!). However, for now, I have realized that I am a terrible mother, and need to have them playing downstairs instead of upstairs - they get awfully loud, you know!

No comments: