Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend


Hi All! So it's been quite a crazy week here, and I am hoping that things will be slowing down a bit. All good things, just busy. It was my birthday on Friday, so the celebrations started Thursday...I went for lunch with a few friends, and then headed to the mall for a bit. Friday was a busy day at home - I spend the majority of the day preparing for Molly's birthday party, which was on Saturday. Friday night, we headed out for a great dinner with some friends, followed by yummy cheesecake here for dessert.

On Saturday, we had Molly's birthday party. We had invited 3 families over (for a total of 14 kids!) for a wiener roast. I prayed and prayed and prayed that it wouldn't rain. And, thankfully, it didn't! However, it was a little on the cold side. Here is the birthday girl, with her ladybug cake. She turned 5 this year....

Since we were having so many people over, I figured that just a cake wouldn't be enough, so I also made ladybug cupcakes....
Good thing I did, because they went quickly! We had a great night, although it was a tad bit on the cold side, so the fire just kept getting bigger and bigger! 



Molly was thrilled to have some of her favorite friends over to play....

And one of her friends Daddy even brought over his own toy - a very, very cool remote control car.  The kids had a great time chasing that thing everywhere, and of course, it brought out the "kid" in all the men too.  Art quickly rigged up a ramp, and when that grew old, he proceeded to lay beside the ramp to have the car jump over him.  The kids thought it was "AWESOME!"  You can see the car just past Art's head...



Anyhow, after that exciting night was over, and everyone was thoroughly exhausted, Sunday came along, which was Molly's real birthday, as well as Mother's Day.  I headed out to church alone (3 of the 6 of the Goerzen household were still in bed when I left at 9:50 am!), brought some lunch home, and we had a mellow afternoon.  Later in the afternoon, the very special Auntie Frieda came over to help us celebrate Molly, as well, we had some friends from Fort St. John stop by on their way through town.  We were thrilled that they ended up spending the night, so we had more of a chance to hang out with them. 
Monday, my birthday festivities continued with going out shopping with a friend in the evening, and then for dessert, and on Tuesday, after I was finished volunteering at school in the morning, I headed out for some more retail therapy with another friend.  We shopped 'till we dropped, had some dinner, and then shopped some more!  It has been a very full but fun week of celebration at the Goerzen house!

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

My friend, that is one cute, cute tiny little girl there...awww...