Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Life

I recently hosted a baby shower for one of my most favorite people. It was a lot of fun to have some ladies over and celebrate this new little life.... Let me tell you friends, there is nothing like holding a new baby to give me "the itch" once again.... But have no fear - no more girls for us (at least not that we are planning...) :-)



 It was easy to find fun napkins and bright decor since Spring is (apparently) here


 As a thank you gift for each of the ladies who attended, I filled canning jars with soil and put a freesia bulb in.  I am hoping that eventually they will bloom...

 What party is complete without chocolate?!  I made brownies and dipped them in melted chocolate.  Originally, I was going to put them on sticks, but I could only find Popsicle sticks, which were a little too big.  I finished them off with some sprinkles.  I used the same brownie mix from Costco, and let me tell you, they were good!
 Instead of a cake, I made lemon cupcakes with lemon cream cheese icing...yummy!
It was a fun night to eat, drink and be merry with some special ladies.

No comments: