Saturday, December 24, 2011

Soon It Will Be Christmas Day

The trees are decorated (have been for a while, actually!), the stockings are put out (not hung...we don't really have space for them all, and they get too heavy!), presents are wrapped, baking is done, prep work and cooking is not even started (that's today's project!)... It's Christmas!

The day we look forward to all.  year.  long.  is almost here!  Today I'll spent some a lot of time prepping for Christmas Day, so it makes things not quite so crazy... we'll play games, and eat way too much food, play games, hang out as a family.  It will be fantastic!
Christmas is so much fun with kids!  Shopping, trying to find the perfect presents for them... truth be told, it's not just the kids that I love to shop for!  The anticipation for giving gifts to our loved ones...I love it!

Before all the hoopla starts, we'll take a few moments, read the Christmas story, and remember what all the excitement is about.  Jesus.  Sent to this earth, as a baby.  Sent by his Father, to take on my sin. 

And I am thankful.  Thankful for this act of amazing love.  Thankful for my family.  Thankful for the country in which I live.  Thankful for my home.  Thankful for the example of the most perfect love. 

Enjoy your Christmas, friends!  Hug your loved ones tight.  Treasure the times spent together.

No comments: