Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Tea

Because I'm a wanna-be Southerner, I've always loved the idea of drinking sweet tea.  The reality, however, not so much.  Well, I've realized it's because I was making it wrong....and I have Paula Deen to thank!

I checked out her website, and got basic instructions on how to make it, with several variations, and I think I've struck a winner!  The only problem is that I may become addicted....

My love of the idea of sweet tea usually comes on every summer, but it started out (again) because I was coveting a very cute mason jar drink dispenser at Pottery Barn. I know, I know, coveting is a sin....but it was oh, so fun, and oh, so expensive!!  Then, when we were in Fairmont, we stopped in at the Home Hardware (I love Home Hardware, especially in small towns....you never know what you're gonna find there.  Case in point!), and in looking around the kitchen section, look what was beckoning me.  The exact same drink dispenser as they have at Pottery Barn.  Only for a 1/3 of the price.  Yippee for me!  So, I brought that bad boy home, made some sweet tea, and never looked back.

If you're in the neighborhood this summer, stop on by, and we can sit and have a chat and drink sweet tea together.  I'm pretty sure I'll always have some ready!


1 comment:

Ritz said...

okay, I'm coming!!!