Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This is How...

...we know it's officially Spring...

1.  My lilacs are blooming!  I picked them yesterday and brought some inside.  My house now smells glorious.  And not glorious like a nice candle, glorious like a fresh flowers.  Incidentally, if they're cut from your yard, they are actually do smell even better!

2.  You've cleaned thought about cleaning your windows, and birds constantly fly into them, leaving  guts (sometimes) and/or feathers.  Then, they lay on the ground until either a cat gets them, your kids try to rescue them, or they get lucky and fly away.  The Girls tried to rescue this bird on Sunday night.  Got it a box and everything, put it in the garage.  After they had gone to bed, Auntie Frieda checked on the poor thing.  It was a goner.  So, we put it in the burn barrel (of course), where all the birds and/or chickens go to get cremated....


 3.  The chicken mansion is almost done!  We worked like dogs this weekend, and were able to move the chicks and turkeys in, but it's still not totally complete.  A bit trim needs to be put on outside, and some chicken wire and nesting boxes need to be put inside.  But soon.... At least the birds can go in their now, so they're not quite so crowded!  I'll be sure to put some pictures up once it's complete!
4.  You get a wicked tan line from wearing your bikini while gardening.  Don't worry - I won't post pictures of that! :-)   Did you ever see the Seinfeld where he talked about "Good naked and bad naked"?  Well, there's good bikini wearing and bad bikini wearing.  And the bad is me wearing mine, dripping in sweat while I pull out dandelions (HATE those things!!)  However, desperate times means desperate measures, and I must get some sun on this lily white northern skin of mine.  Thankfully, we live in the country!  And here's my fair warning.... if you stop by unannounced, you may be traumatized by such a site!  However, be brave, my friends....as soon as I see someone coming down the driveway, I will make a mad dash to garb myself!  And besides, we must have sweet tea together...

No comments: