Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend Project

This weekend, I made my life a little bit easier....I hope!  We decided to do a square foot garden this year instead of our traditional garden.  And let me tell you, I've jumped in with both feet!

For the last few years, my garden, although I love the fruits (or veggies!) of my labor, has been just that...labor!  The soil needs some help, I've got loads of thistle, and I just plain detest weeding!  Last year, a friend of mine did a square foot garden, and just raved about it.  So, we made the plunge.  Art sprayed our garden, and this week (if it ever stops raining!), I'm going to get a load of top soil delivered, spread it out and will plant grass over it.  Gasp!  It's true... I'm gonna do it!  But only because this weekend, I made these bad boys....


2 square foot gardens!  We all know I say me, but really, Art built them.  And then I stained them and mixed all the dirt and shoveled it all in....yes, me!



...and planted them!  I used the markers that the Girls made us for Christmas.  So now, it's raining...a lot (hopefully not to much for those little seeds), and we'll wait to see how this garden grows.  Yippee for less weeding....I hope!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks great. That looks more like my kind of gardening....if I had a garden or yard or......