Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Hitchhiker

The other night, we had my cousin and her daughter, who were visiting from Winnipeg, over for dinner.  Along with them, we had a mutual friend and her husband and kids come as well.  We enjoyed a dinner and short visit before it was time for kids to go to bed.
 
About 20 minutes after they left, I got a phone call from them.  I immediately asked, "Oh no....what did you forget?"
 
My friends reply...."It's not what we forgot...it's what you forgot!"
 
"What?  What do you mean?" I asked.
 
It turns out, they were almost back into the city when my cousin felt something at her feet....playing with her feet.  She told the driver of the van, who I don't think really believed her, but pulled over anyway.  It turns out, our kitten had snuck into their van and tried to adopt a new family... he tried to hitchhike into the city with them.  I guess our lives aren't exciting enough, and he wanted to see the world a little bit....
 
I can certainly imagine that if it was me, sitting in the back of the van, feeling something playing with my feet, I would be screaming my head off! 
 
We all had a good chuckle, Art met them half way to pick up the crazy kitten, and they were off again.  I'm thankful they figured out the cat was with them before they got home, about 45 minutes away!

No comments: