Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Done!

Well, Thanksgiving is long over, and with the little bit of snow this week, I'm starting to think about Christmas! 
 
We had a great Thanksgiving - lots of down time, relaxing, and just being together.  It was nice.  Dinner was fabulous (if I don't say so myself!), and I didn't have to cook for the rest of the week.  Yay for me!
 
Last week, we also spent a few days at the barn.  I was helping break some colts, and the Girls just came along for fun.  They helped with chores, hung out, rode, and got a roping lesson from the farrier that was there.  I should say, we ALL got a roping lesson.  He gave me lots of exercises to help them practice, and the Girls have been doing LOTS of that!  Abby and Molly have been entered in the Dummy Roping Competition at Farm Fair in a few weeks, so that will be a fun and new experience for them.  I told them that I wouldn't enter them unless they practiced at least 15 minutes a day.  I must admit, I'm fairly impressed with them.  They've been very diligent in their practicing - even with the snow and cold that we had last week. 
 
Now, another weekend is gone, and I'm thinking ahead to the week ahead.  It's amazing how full life sometimes feels, but most days, I wouldn't change it for the world!  I am thankful for Sunday, though...a day to rest and relax, have a nap.... It's all good.

No comments: