Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Is Coming!

 
This week, it looked like a bomb went off in my house; like a tornado hit it; like Christmas up and puked. all. over. my. house.
 
It started last Friday, when I took down my fall decorations, and brought up the Christmas bins....
 
 
Saturday, we spent a few hours (yup, you read that right!) putting together one of our Christmas trees.  Every single branch needs to be fluffed and put into the tree.  It crazy, because our Girls really do enjoy the process, and I keep thinking to myself, "This is 3 hours of my life that I can never get back!".  But whatevs.... it ended up looking great!
 
Our other tree, which is pre-lit, and several years old, when we went to plug that little sucker in, 3/4's of the lights were burnt out, and we had no way to figure out how to get them working again.  So, again, Art spent probably 5 hours taking each light, which was zip tied, off the tree.  It's a good think I'm married to such a patient man, who loves me very, very much!

 
Finally, on Friday, we finished mostly everything.  The trees and garlands are put up, candles put out.... the only thing that needs to be done is the nativity sets need to be done, which we will do as a family this weekend. 

 
It seemed like quite a bit of work this year, but I (mostly) loved doing it (well, not dealing with the trees, but that's ok, that's what Art is for!)


 
And so, it seems, that Christmas is in the air.  Now, if only I had my shopping done....

1 comment: