Thursday, November 1, 2012

Productivity

I find at times that one of the (many) hard parts of being a stay at home Mom is that I don't often feel very productive.  Sure, I'm busy... all day long....doing....something.  My house is (somewhat) clean, we're all (somewhat) fed and clothed, yet it seems like I have nothing to show for all my work.  Nothing really, well, tangible.  We all know that as soon as the house is clean, the very next minute, it's well on it's way to being dirty again; and as soon as we're done eating, well, it's time to clean up and think about the next meal.  And this goes on, and on, and on.... Oh, the monotony can bog me down and get me in a bit of a funk!
 
However, today, I have something to show for my morning.  I feel somewhat productive!  After a quick trip to town first thing this morning for a doctor's appointment in the crazy, freezing rain, we made it home (in one piece, thankfully!), only to see the rain turn to snow.  We had plans to go into the city this afternoon, but I figure the roads are gonna be an ice rink, so, we decided to stay home.  And make jam. 
 
We ran out a couple of days ago, and you'd think it was the end of the world, with all the complaining and whining (mainly from Art!) that we were out.  So, 22 lbs. of sugar later, we finished up 8 batches.  I think we ended up with 21 jars, so I am hoping that this jam will last us a month or two... The other benefit to getting all these raspberries out of my freezer?  I can almost see the bottom of my freezer.  It's been a while, let me tell you.
 
 
Keep safe on the roads, and warm in your homes, friends.   Now, I'm off to make some biscuits (only to be eaten right away) to go with that jam!

No comments: