Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Heavens

Last night, Art had to pop back into his office for a few minutes.  When he got home, he came running in the house....beckoning me to come outside. 

"The northern lights!" he exclaimed... and I knew.

So, over my jammies, I through on a jacket and my bogs, and trudged out into the cold, white night.  And I looked up.  And was in awe....

I went in and grabbed the 2 older girls, telling them to come outside.... and they looked up.  And were in awe....

I can't even begin to describe the beauty associated with watching the northern lights, bright green, dance all over the autumn sky.  The Girls, of course, wanted to take a picture, but I knew my skills wouldn't be able to capture such a moment.

Art and the Girls headed inside, and I stayed out for a moment longer....looking, watching, admiring.... And I was struck by how this amazing God that we serve, makes the skies come alive at night, for what purpose.  For me?  To see?  To be amazed?

The Girls asked me this morning, "If people don't believe in God, how can they see the Northern Lights and not think that He's real?"

And I have no answer.  But this I know....

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hand. 
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. 
They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. 
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world...."
Ps. 19:1-4

1 comment:

lindakatee said...

How lucky you were. That is one of the reasons I miss about the prairies, the Aurora Borealias, or Northern Lights...to see them! You could have captured them, honestly. Just use a tripod. I so love this display. Hugs.