Sunday, November 18, 2012

Perseverance Pays Off

The other day, I woke up with a wicked bad headache.  The kind of headache that leaves you wanting to crawl out of your skin.... your eyes hurt, you feel nauseous.... you know the kind.  I felt terrible!  I asked Art to tell The Girls to get started on school, and I would be down in a little while.

Thankfully, I fell asleep for a while.  When I woke up, Abby came into my room.  She whispered in my ear, "How are you feeling, Mom?"

"Rotten," I replied.

"Just stay in bed," she said.  "Hannah is doing laundry, the little girls are doing the chickens, and we're all working on our school... Can I do anything for you?"

Let me tell you, friends....I almost started weeping.  I was so thankful that these little Ladies are growing up to be helpful, compassionate young girls.  When they were really little, I remember times when Art would come home, and ask how my day was.  And I would say, "Frustrating!  It feels like all I did, all day long, was say "NO!" and spank their little hands or bottoms, trying to train them..." 

Thankfully, those days of such intensive training (in that way) are gone.  And we are now enjoying some of the fruits of our labour.....perseverance has paid off...  And I rejoice!

If you are in that season, remember, this too shall pass.  If you keep on, keeping on; being faithful and working hard, training their little minds and spirits, you will one day be thankful that you did.   And then, you can sit on your butt with me and eat bonbons.  all.  day.  long.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I seriously busted a gut straight out loud at your last line...

quintuplicatemom said...

This is so good! I just 'found' you over on Cheyenne's blog.