Thursday, March 4, 2010

Parenthood

The other night, we watched the new show, "Parenthood" for the first time. I must say....I cried like a baby!! When I watch shows that have families with adult children, I can't help but think, "Is this how our family will be?"

I know what I want for my girls, and for their lives. I want them to love the Lord, and each other, and have healthy relationships and marriages. I want to be able to communicate with them when issues come up (because I know they will). I want to watch and help them raise their families. Not so much to ask, is it?

Today, Hannah and Abby were at the Ukrainian Culteral Village for a field trip. They came home, and we were sitting on the couch, all of us girls, listening to them talk about their day and the activities that they did. Then, we started talking about some of their relationships, and friendships that they had. It was a bit of a crazy moment for me....thinking ahead 10 years....and hoping that we will still do that. I wish, I wish....

No comments: