Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Mantle

I saw a cool picture in a magazine with a mantle similar to this. I loved it so much that I decided to try it out, and here are the pictures.


I quite love the effect of lighting the candles, and wow! Does it ever give off a lot of light! (I think that there are a total of 34 candles). However, the window up above it may have suffered a little bit of damaged from the candles being so close (oops!). The only thing that I do not love is that this week I am I hoping to put my spring decorations, so the candles will have to be put away until the fall. Oh well, I did enjoy it while it lasted.

One final note. Many people have asked me what the word 'Adullam' means. This is a word taken from the bible. It is Hebrew for "Place of Refuge". That is what we hope our home is for everyone who enters....a place of refuge.

No comments: