Friday, March 12, 2010

The Table

So here is another post about another item in my home, with a story.  Art bought this old farmhouse table before we were married.  A friend of his was going to an auction and picked it up there, and then didn't end up wanting it, so he asked Art if he would buy it off him.  I think he paid $20 for it.  Art was going to scrape the paint off and stain it, but then, halfway through, he liked the look of it, and decided to leave it.  The table was used for his desk when we lived in Abbotsford.  He took a piece of laminate in the place where the drawer was supposed to be (there never was a drawer), and put his keyboard there.

Then, we moved to Alberta, and used this for many years as our kitchen table....and then as a base for our kitchen table.  And now, the legs are cut down (that was very hard for me to do!!), and it's our coffee table...which I love.

I love having a table that I don't have to worry about getting scratched....or dented....or a bit of crayon on....I can put my feet up, put my drink on it (WITHOUT a coaster!), and relax.  And I guess it's been with Art longer than I have....

2 comments:

lindakatee said...

Thinking of the time your Uncle Ed and myself picked up an old cedar chest you had purchased in Comox/Cambell River one year, and delivered it to you in Vancouver...do you still have this item?

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

We still have the chest...It`s beside that white table (I think you may be able to see it in that picture!)...it is navy and big and I (still) love it!