Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ah, the Smell....

....of poo.... Yup, it's true.  I said it.  Poo.  Otherwise known as manure.  Yesterday was a beautiful fall day.  I had some errands to run in the city, so off we went, wasting the beautiful fall day.  When we arrived home, in the country, it smelled like....poo.  And you know what?  I kinda liked it.  Let me explain...

I always talk about how great it is living in the country. And really, it is. I wouldn't have it any other way. However, there are realities of living in the country. Like having to go to the dump to take your garbage. And, when the power goes out, we have no water. And, in the spring and fall, for a few days, it smells like poo. But that's alright....if it means that I live in the country and the farmers are working their land, and it's not my septic tank which has overflowed into my basement. We have to take the good with the bad, people.  So we smell poo.



2 comments:

janet anderson said...

we (i'm scott anderson's wife) took our kids to the library last night and my three year old pooed his pants, and then somehow it got on MY pants, and we drove home with me holding his undies wrapped in paper towel. it's not just in the country! i smell poo too.
janetspaintedlife.blogspot.com

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

Nice to hear others are smelling poo, too, Janet! It sounds like your experience was a bit more up close and personal, though.... :-)