Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Being Quiet

I find myself being quiet these days.  Taking some time to reflect.  Pray.  Be.  I must say, I have been enjoying it.  For being the extrovert that I am, the older I am getting, the more I find myself craving these times of quiet.  I go for a walk up our "holy hill", and sit in the chair that my husband carried up there for me.  I watch the sunset.  I sit in the dark.  I go for a drive.

It's so easy to get caught up in the doing....keeping the house clean, laundry done, meals cooked, keeping up relationships.  But I find, that in this quiet place, I am happy just to sit.  To not have the phone ringing off the hook.  To realign the things that I want to invest my time and energy in.

I woke up this morning, and during my shower, watched the sunrise....and a coyote rummaging around the base of the apple tree...until Moses was let out!  I couldn't bear to turn on the lights, it was so beautiful!  Each of the girls came in at one point during the shower, and stopped short, taking a moment to gaze upon the beauty of the moment.   I am so thankful this day, for having the time and space to stop.  And take a look around.  And be quiet.

No comments: