Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall is Here!

A few weeks ago, we got our first frost.  I had to take a picture of these giants, because, to me, they just looked so ashamed....like they couldn't stand the cold.  Poor things!

 And then, it got even colder!  So I was out, in the pouring rain, trying to harvest these bad boys before the cold got to them!  Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I came in, it stopped raining!  The next week, I had the Girls wash up all my sweet pumpkins, and they are now situated all over my house!  Pumpkins are my favorite thing to grow, and this year, I wasn't dissapointed with the amount that we picked!


 Another sad, sad sunflower...


1 comment:

lindakatee said...

Lovely photo of your sunflower. My dear Teresa: Mother nature always looks after all things good...sunflowers are not harvested till AFTER the frost! I guess you did not grow up on the farm:)Remember the song, Everything is beautiful? Luv and hugs, Auntie Linda