Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas....almost!

Well, it's finally arrived...almost.  The day my Girls have been waiting for all year.  Christmas Eve.  All the planning and preparing will (hopefully) pay off as I work my tushy off today so that we can enjoy tomorrow. 

The groceries are all bought (which I was a genius, by the way.  I drove to a small town about 20 min. from here to do my shopping...not a line-up was to be found, and many people to help me navigate my way around an unfamiliar store!), the presents are all wrapped.  The turkey in unthawing, and my little family is all around.

Tonight we will have appetizers and play games and open one present before the Girls go to bed (pj's, of course!).  Tomorrow morning, we'll get up and start breakfast cooking while we open stockings, and after breakfast we'll read about the reason why we celebrate Christmas, taking a moment to reflect on the Perfect Gift.  Then, watching the Girls open presents is always a highlight.  Hanging out together is how we'll spend the rest of the day, enjoying turkey dinner and all the fixin's.

It will be a quieter Christmas - only Art's sister is joining us.  But it will be good.  And I am thankful.  For family.  For friends who "see" me and love me.  For a warm home.  For an abundance of food on my table.  For clothes to wear.  As I look around, I see the abundance of what God has given us.  And not only abundance, but extravagance.  And I am thankful.

Merry Christmas, everyone.  Enjoy this magical season with the ones you love.

No comments: