Thursday, December 9, 2010

Little Trees

Years ago, I bought little Christmas trees for each of The Girls.  Every year, we let our Girls decorate them. All. By. Themselves. I do not fix them up (although, I must admit, it about kills me!), and they do everything. I always pop some popcorn for them to make garland out of, which is fun...and a bit dangerous (needles are sharp, people!). Although this year, Molly was the only one who pricked her finger....once.

Some of the popcorn gets made into garland, and lots gets eaten while we decorate.  This year, I even made some caramel corn like my Grandpa Letkeman used to make.





I don't understand it, but Ellie Mae and Molly always hang pretty much every ornament from the same 3 branches!  They get to pick their light colors and fight over the decorations, but it is a good time for everyone!  When the trees are done, they get to keep them lit up in their rooms until Christmas.  I've found this to be a great compromise - the Girls get to decorate all on their own, and so do I!

No comments: