Thursday, December 2, 2010

Loads

I have so much to say, yet nothing to say.  Much on my heart, yet the words will not come.  Many friends and family dealing with loads....of stuff.  Yucky stuff.  Sick kids stuff.  Sad stuff.  And what can I do?  Pray.  Pray lots.  Pray without ceasing.  Cast my cares upon the Lord.  Lay my burden down.  And so, this is what I attempt to do. 

In James 1:2 it says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds...."  I always seem to forget that the Bible says when, not if.  We will have trials.  We will have problems.  But in the midst of it all, God is a jealous God who longs to draw us unto Him.  And it's through these trials that we have the choice to become better....or bitter.  I don't know about you, but I want to become better.  And I want those whom I love to become better.  Everything comes from His hand, every blessing, every trial.  And so, once again, I choose to trust.  To trust that God's got our lives in His hand.  And He's working things out so I don't have to.  But I will ask.  Again and again.  For healing.  And health.  And wholeness.  And life.