Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Today is Art's birthday. He's getting older. And wiser. And more fantastic. And more studly....but I'll save that for another day (or not!). And he's getting harder to buy presents for. I can't buy the man tools, since he owns every tool known to man. I can't buy him clothes, 'cuz that's not too fun for a man. So, as I pondered what to buy him, I came up with this idea. It is not practical. At all. But that's not what birthday presents are for.... but it's cool (we thought). And it surprised him.

I did have to take him shopping to pick it out, because it's kinda a personal gift. So, we sat. In the store. Together.  Looking at spurs, while our children found the whips and pretend horses and ran around the store, whinnying like ponies, saying, "Hya! Hya! Giddy-up!". Anyhow, here's what we came away with....


Yup, a pair of spurs.  Like I said, not a practical gift at all, since we don't have horses (yet).... but they looked so great with his boots....
 and they even made the "clangggg, jingle, clanggg" sound when he walks...
And the girls thought that they were "awesome!" and "cool!".  So I decided they are what I like to call a "prophetic gift"....hopefully we'll one day have some horses and a ranch to go with the spurs.  Meanwhile, he can wear them when we go to rodeo's and be wannabe ranchers....

Happy Birthday, Baby!

1 comment:

lindakatee said...

Happy Birthday Art, wishing you a great day and best wishes for your year ahead. Enjoy those "spurs", they look dangerous:)