Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Scrooge

I feel a little hypocritical even saying, "Happy Valentine's Day!", because we are not much on celebrating this day.  Art secretly thinks that it was a day created by card companies to make money, and he elbowed me last week when a TV show we were watching agreed with him on that same idea.  His thought on the whole thing is, "Why do I need a certain day to tell my loved ones that they are loved, rather, just show them every day." 

And I agree with him.  In part.  But I must tell you, I feel a little bit like a Valentine's Day Scrooge.  I feel like if I don't tell people that I love them on this 'sacred love day', then they'll think I don't care.  But I do.  I just would rather tell them when I want to tell them, not because our culture tells me that I must.  Call me rebellious....that's okay.  I'm just telling y'all what I think.  I will be the Valentine's Day Scrooge.  And I tell you all tomorrow that I love you.  Just because it's not Valentine's Day.  And I will go and buy all the yummy candy and chocolate 50% off, so that I can buy double the amount.  Because that's how I roll.

No comments: