Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to Reality....

Today was our first day back to school.  I had loft ambitions of getting up early, getting breakfast on, being oh, so patient with my little ladies, having fun doing school. 

Here's my reality....I couldn't pull my sorry butt outta bed!

I had set my alarm for 8 (a decent wake up time), but I couldn't move.  Couldn't open my eyes.  Well, I could open them....but they wouldn't stay that way! 

So, by the time I rolled outta bed, it was already 8:45.  Oops!  And, off I go, downstairs, to find that my older 2 ladies were still sleeping!  Apparently, I wasn't the only one dragging my backside!

Well, since the older ladies had to be woken up, they weren't in the most *ahem* wonderful of moods.  So fun!  So, after everyone was done breakfast, cleaned up and ready to start school, it was almost 10.  Oops!  After some crankiness and impatience on my part, we got our act together and off we went.  Journal writing, making snowflakes from paper (my attempt at fun....with a couple of cranky girls!).  Throw in there work needing to get done + 6 loads of laundry + a little girl who had a hangnail (it's the end of the world as we know it!), and I am done.  DONE.  I think I need a nap.  Oh wait - the phone keeps ringing...books need reconciling....laundry needs folding....

Yup, it was definitely back to reality today.  Here's hoping tomorrow will be a little bit smoother.  And I will be a little more patient!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Oh my word! That was SO our day today. What a colossal disaster! I'm hoping the rest of the week goes a little smoother.