Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fun, Experience School

Well, last week, I was gung ho to get going on school with the Girls.  This week?  Not so much "book school" has been going on, but lots of "fun, experience school" has happened (at least, that's how I justify it in my mind.  Hey, we homeschool for a reason....flexibility is one of them!!).

Art's sister, our beloved "Auntie Frieda" in on holidays, and so, she's taken each of the Girls for a special "auntie date" for a couple of days.  First, starting on Friday, was Abby, who was then returned to us on Sunday.  Sunday, she took Molly and Ellie Mae for a double date until Wednesday, and now, she has Hannah until Saturday.  I love the special relationship she has with our Girls, and they ADORE her! 

While the little girls were gone, I tried to do some fun things with the older two girls.  What are their ideas of something special, you may ask?  Wait for it....going to the barn!  We took them Monday night for a ride, and then Tuesday morning we got up early and went and helped all day with chores there....they mucked out stalls, helped feed, swept...you know, all the "fun" stuff.  And, lucky me, I got to help too!  They were so thrilled to be there helping....it was good fun!  After that, they both had a lesson, and then we went home.  Abby fell asleep on the way home (at 6:30), so it was early to bed for both of them (and me!!) because we were so tired!!

Art and I also took them out to lunch one day, to our most favorite breakfast/lunch place, a local butcher that has a restaurant as well.  Art often goes there for breakfast, but we rarely get to go, so it was fun to treat them to that. 

As we talked about our few days without the little Girls, and I've reflected on my time when different daughters have been gone, it's always amazing to me the difference in the dynamics and flow of our time as a family.  And every once in a while, I allow my mind to go "there"....of how it would be if one of my Girls was gone.  That train of thought can only last for about 2 minutes, otherwise, you'd have to pick me up because I'd be in a puddle on the floor.... And then, the next 20 minutes are spend feeling oh, so thankful and blessed for these little ladies that the Lord has given us.  I do love them!

So, this has been a week of fun...and missing each other, which is always a good thing!  I am looking forward to having all of my wee baby chickens back under my roof though....only 2 more sleeps!

No comments: