Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hannah's 11

Hannah's birthday falls between Christmas and New Years, so it's always tricky trying to fit it into the holiday festivities.

This year, she wanted to go to the barn on her birthday (of course!), so her and headed out there after breakfast to clip a horses coat.  While we were there, the vet was there, so we also got to see a couple of colts get gelded....yup!  Exciting times!



Once we got home, Auntie Frieda arrived and Hannah opened presents, and then we had dinner and cake.  It was a quiet day, but quite lovely, celebrating this lovely ladies birthday.  My firstborn is turning into a young lady who is very kind, quiet, gentle, determined and loves to play jokes.  I like her.  A lot.  I think I'll keep her...if only she stops growing up so fast!
 For her party, Hannah wanted to have a few friends over for a sleepover, so as a special gift for them, Hannah and I made these sweet pillowcases, embroidered her friends names on them, along with a few flowers that were crocheted by (who else?! The wonderful...) Auntie Frieda.  I think they turned out fabulously!  In fact, I kinda want to make one for myself! 

No comments: